Death happens at all hours of the day and night and unfortunately often when someone dies they are alone. Often these bodies are not discovered for several days to weeks after they have passed away. This is commonly referred to as an unattended death, and is quite frequent with the elderly, the ill, and people who have no relatives living close to them. Usually they are only found after foul odors are noticed or many flies are present on windows. These situations cause a huge problem for cross contamination, making at the very least the need for cleaning, disinfection, and sanitation of the entire room necessary and most of the time the entire property will need to be decontaminated. This happens because flies land in bodily fluid and spread that around all areas of the residence. All fabric generally needs to be removed or hot water extracted, and the air needs to be purified and scrubbed using a HEPA 500 machine and an ozone generator. 11th Hour has the experience, knowledge, and equipment to handle these situations quickly, efficiently and discreetly.
Our Unattended Death Cleanup Process:
- Clean the affected area, remove and dispose of blood, bodily fluid and remains properly.
- Determine if it has spread below carpeting, flooring, walls, etc.
- Remove or clean any personal property wanted by the family or next of kin.
- Dispose of all property not wanted by the family.
- Remove, or hot water extract, any carpeting or fabric not affected by the incident.
- Clean all walls, floor and ceiling with proper cleaning solution.
- Disinfect entire property (disinfectant depends on any known disease presence).
- Allow air scrubber to purify the air and ozone generator to eliminate any odor.
Professional and Compassionate Death Cleaning Services
11th Hour is compassionate to the family’s needs/concerns and will answer any questions you may have. Depending on the size of the property, unattended death cleanup can often be achieved within one to three days of starting work. If the clean-up is covered by homeowner’s insurance, we will work with the adjuster and supply all necessary paperwork for your claim. We accept most major credit cards, checks, and cash. We also offer a certificate of completion by a professional biohazard remediation company for safe re-occupancy or sale of the residence, allowing you peace of mind in an otherwise difficult time.
Call our local program manager/supervisor at 612-251-3275 or dispatch toll free at 1-877-866-8877 or just send an e-mail to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org